Recently, I found myself trying to educate on gender development, stereotypes and diversity.
I feel women are made for brilliance and that is why I have been always fascinated by empowerment and enablement that can be easily caused just by grouping women together or bringing them into one room!
That is why I happen to be involved in various female-friendly projects and initiatives to support women in tech communities. Like ReactGirls Prague or and FemmePalette platform where I mentor talented mentees.
But I would love to dig deeper into this problematic, and understand it all.
I found a bunch of great and new resources just last week and I am happy to share them with you. This list is just 1 min read, so you can also make it in one week!
📚 Books (I can recommend):
- Gina Rippon: The Gendered Brain
- Sheryl Sandberg: Lean In
- Caroline Criado Perez: Invisible Women
🐥 Twitter accounts (I started to follow):
- Lise Eliot — professor of neuroscience, author of gender books
- Prof Sarah Blakemore — author Inventing ourselves, prof cognitive neuroscience
- Women of Influence — a community platform
- Gina Rippon — professor of cognitive neuroimaging
- Gender Equality Collective — a community platform
📚 Events (I am in):
- EdTech — Closing The Digital Gender Gaps in Education 6th July
- Gender Equality in Tech. Who cares? 10th July
✍️ Articles (I fell in love last or some other week):